I get to go home….eventually!
I am counting down the days until I’m headed back to Houston. It isn’t exactly “home” (south Texas is and Tampa feels more like a home than Houston), but I have a bed and all of my things in a brick house near the airport. Ah, my things. Does anyone else ever miss their stuff when they’re gone? I miss my pillows, my clean clothes, and all of my knickknacks that I’ve collected these past two years.
I am even excited to do the mundane list of errands like finally going to the dentist and doctor. Plus, I’m basically out of every toiletry item and my appearance is starting to show it. And, oh my gosh, I cannot wait to put on my retainer. I know it’s going to hurt like no other but one month is too long to not wear it! I learned my lesson never to forget it again!
So below is my, probably terribly boring to you, list of activities that I am excited for when I finally make it back to my temporary home of Houston, Texas. Ah, 5 more days.
- First, a deep, deep deep deep deep deep deep face wash.
- A much needed haircut.
- I might even treat myself to a mani pedi (god knows I need it)
- Buying all the items I’m out of (origins night cream specifically)
- Cleaning my room because, let’s get real, I left it a mess.
- A visit to half-priced books (yay)
- Developing my first roll of film!
- Trying on my new swimsuits!!
- The dentist appointment I’ve been rescheduling for months.
- A doctors appointment to figure out why I’m breaking out in hives so often.
- Ordering new contacts.
- Buying new curtains for my room. (I’m really trying to make it feel more home-y)
- Lounging around in my own bed (ahh)
- TRIPS TO TARGET
- Spending all day outside (and not having to wear five layers and my huge red jacket)
- Spring shopping (my body is ready)
- And of course, hopefully seeing my dear sisters and the love of my life. Fingers crossed. I am so close to being homesick right now…but as long as I do my job correctly and stay focused on the end goal I’ll be alright. I can do it!
P.s. Can spring hurry up and get here already?
Leave a Reply